1,300 of the country's top food safety officers attended the Food Safety Summit at the Baltimore Convention Center from April 8-10. Hundreds said they suffered from gastroenteritis and exhibited symptoms of diarrhea and vomiting.
Possible Food Poisoning Sickens 100 at Safety Summit - NBC News
The Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene said Sept. 25 that chicken Marsala served during a buffet lunch on April 9 was the culprit that sickened 216 attendees. Health officials suspect the chicken was not kept at a proper temperature. The catering provider, Centerplate, has not commented.